QUOGUE      

 

 

Quogue-Station_vewW_c.1876_Brainerd-Morrison.jpg (102394 bytes)
Quogue Station - View W c.1876 (Brainerd-Morrison)
QUOGUE STATION: BUILT: 6/1875 AT OLD DEPOT ROAD (Robert Emery data)
2nd DEPOT BUILT:  FURTHER EAST AT STATION ROAD: 1882. MOVED TO PRIVATE LOCATION NORTH OF TRACKS AND EAST OF THE REPLACEMENT DEPOT: 1905
3rd
DEPOT BUILT: 1905, AGENCY CLOSED: 1958, RAZED: 4/64. REPLACED WITH METAL SHELTER SHED. DISCONTINUED AS STATION STOP: 3/16/98  Research: Dave Keller
Emery-Quogue-MP76-77_6-1958.jpg (92318 bytes)
Emery map Quogue MP76-77 6/1958 Archive: Dave Keller
LIRR-map_Quogue-1966.jpg (37191 bytes)
LIRR  map Quogue 1966
Quogue-Station_post-card_mislabeled-LJRR_viewNW_c.1910_Morrison.jpg (129365 bytes)
Quogue Station post card mislabeled as L.J.R.R. 
View NW c.1910 Archive: Dave Morrison
Station-Quogue-1909-Keller.jpg (89101 bytes)
Quogue Station - View SE 1909 Archive: Dave Keller

In this photo,  the fellow in the white shirt with bowtie and arms behind his back standing in the middle of the group of men on the platform is George G. Ayling who filled in at Quogue at the time of this photo.

Quogue-Station_post-card_viewNW_c.1912_Morrison.jpg (142573 bytes)
Quogue Station Colorized post card View NW c.1912 
Archive: Dave Morrison
Quogue-Station_ViewE_6-04-1918_Morrison.jpg (72171 bytes)
Quogue Station View E 6/04/1918 Archive: Dave Morrison

Quogue-Station_viewE_c. 1920_Morrison.jpg (68877 bytes)
Quogue Station View E c.1920 Archive: Dave Morrison

Quogue-Station_viewE_c.1920_Morrison.jpg (51572 bytes)
Quogue Station View E c.1920 Archive: Dave Morrison
Note: Perhaps a special event as  passenger cars are parlor cars!
Quogue-Station-LJRR_viewE_c.1925_JamesVOsborne-Morrison.jpg (72486 bytes)
Quogue Station View E c.1925 (James V. Osborne-Morrison)
Quogue-Station_viewSE_4-1952_Morrison.jpg (125310 bytes)
Quogue Station View SE 4/1952 Archive: Dave Morrison
Quogue-Station_viewE-c.1955_LIRR-Gillian.jpg (124437 bytes)
Quogue Station view E c.1955 Photo: LIRR Archive: Jim Gillian

The passing siding is the first track to the left of the Main . The team track is the 2nd track to the left of the Main and the coal bunker/silo of T. C. Warren & Co. at the far left was accessed by the spur continuing to curve northeastwards, just visible beyond the T box and telephone pole visible in the center of the photo.

The undergrade crossing in the foreground is Quogue-Riverhead Road, SR104 which was used to access the station parking lot at the far right. Research: Dave Keller

 

Quogue-Station_viewSW_1958_Soloman-keller.jpg (89567 bytes)
Quogue Station  View SW 1958 - Irving Solomon photo 
for the PSC, Dave Keller archive
Quogue-Shelter-Shed_1997_Morrison.jpg (50697 bytes)
Quogue Shelter Shed  View W 1997 Archive: Dave Morrison
Quogue-Station-rear_viewN_4-1964_Ziel-Morrison.jpg (122052 bytes)
Quogue Station rear view N during raze 4/1964 (Ziel-Morrison)
Quogue-Closing-Poster_3-1998_Morrison.jpg (83730 bytes)
Quogue Closing Poster 3/1998 Archive: Dave Morrison

"Quogue had a reason that it was closed that some may not remember - it was over the issue of overnight or other parking with the Village of Quogue who was adamantly opposed to expansion of the lot at the station. The Village gave the LIRR such a hassle over this issue the railroad then decided to close the station with the late 90s high level platform expansion. I remember that the station site had multiple NO PARKING signs installed and the closed lot cordoned off long after service ended there. It was not just low ridership that got Quogue Station closed."  Mike McEnaney